Run with Eric + workout

Achilles injury

I love to run.

It's the one thing that I can do on a (nearly) daily basis that keeps me sane, fit and most importantly, allows me to eat whatever the hell I want. Within reason, of course. If you call eating a pint of Ben & Jerry's Chubby Hubby ice cream within reason. Ice cream, peanut butter and pretzels - sheer freakin' genius.

My right achilles has been angry with me for nearly two years. Sore, especially in the mornings and lately it's gotten worse. I've pushed through it, limping through my workouts... trying to pretend that it would get better on its own. Smart, eh? I've even done quite a bit of racing on it... smarter still. Yeah sure, I took a month or two off last year, but I didn't get any treatment. No expert advice. Just rest. And a month after I started up again, the pain was back.

This time is different. I'm taking time off and getting treatment and it's already feeling better. Electrostim and ultrasound, active release, massage and kinesio tape. I'm throwing everything at it. Fingers crossed, by mid-July, I'll be back on the road.

In the meantime, pass me some ice cream.

Freedom, injury, Life, road, RUN, TIME, and more:

Achilles injury + workout