Run with Eric + workout

A Rainy Monday in San Diego

I should be getting my gear on for lunchtime Masters swim as I type this, but it's raining sideways outside. Atypical San Diego weather, you might say. I wouldn't typically mind swimming in a bit of rain. What's the big deal with rain when you're already wet? But when it's coming down this hard, the pool gets closed. It's hard to complain though, elsewhere around the country people are without power due to ice storms... so all things considered, missing an outdoor swim workout is a incredibly minor inconvenience

Can't say I mind too much, I'm bundled up in my home office with a hot cup of coffee, catching up on my blog and about 50 other things on my to-do list today. So, I'll keep this fairly short.

Training is coming along. I'm ramping up the run frequency and staying consistent on the bike.

The best workout of the last couple weeks was my long run on Saturday. I did 15 miles on the coast, Carlsbad south to Leucadia and back, my longest run since the Long Beach Marathon last fall. There was a weather system moving in and the wind was howling... sand was pelting me in the face the entire way back. A gut check, I suppose. Not typically the makings of a great run, but I was able to keep a nice even pace (7:45's) at a low HR (145-150) despite the weather. A good confidence builder.

That's it for now, more to come later this week.

Blog, Freedom, Life, RUN, running, TIME, training, triathlon, and more:

A Rainy Monday in San Diego + workout