Run with Eric + TIME

Albums Of The Decade: #6

Since I Left You - The Avalanches [2000]

Truly a breakthrough in the world of dance music

- PopMatters


It's downright shocking how fun this is

- The Austin Chronicle


Please, for the love of God, check out Since I Left You

- Drowned in Sound


There's little doubt to Since I Left You's status as one of the most intimate and emotional dance records that isn't vocal-based

- Allmusic


Quite possibly the best sample record ever made

- The Onion AV Club


A masterpiece

- Pitchfork


Yeah, it's good, innit?

From the opening chords of Since I Left You to the final refrain, "I tried but I just can't get you, since the day I left you" it's gloriously joyful and about as close to perfection as an improvised record made from 9000-odd samples can be.

Fuck YOU, Lemon Jelly.

Get a drink, have a good time now. Welcome to paradise

Spotify link.

Freedom, Life, Music, and more:

Albums Of The Decade: #6 + TIME